Sunday, April 25, 2010

AG fest

Today we spent our day at the agricultural festival in Salem.
The first thing we saw was a face painting booth that also sold these ribbon tiaras. We asked Lexi what she preferred, well you can see...
waiting in line for his face painting

Princess Lexi
He loved it!




The petting zoo:
a baby cow



a little lamb
(Lexi's favorite)
a chicken

Little goat

Miniature horses. When I was a little girl, I spent a summer with my cousin taking care of miniature horses in California. I have been fond of them every since. They have such attitudes for their little bodies. I guess it's little man syndrome. :)



Petting the miniature horse.

Llama



Little goats, they were SOOO cute.
(Kyler's favorite)

Bunnies!
(Jared's favorite)



Lop eared bunnies. I had several pet bunnies as a kid, lop ears are probably my favorite.



The highlight of the kids day: PONY RIDES!






















Tractor ride:






They planted their own corn.


They also planted about 3 other plants each.



Baby chicks, so cute.





Watching them hatch.

Ice cream, yum!





Kyler is the luckiest person I've ever known. At his young age of 8, he's won more contests and prizes than any adult I've ever known. He won a free ice cream today.


On the way home, aww how I love when they are so tuckered out and cozy in the car that they fall asleep on the drive home.








We had a great day. We ended up coming home with about 6 new trees to plant and 8 plants. There were so many more events that I had my hands too full to capture on film (digging for potatoes, making grass babies, playing in corn, etc). It was a day I hope the kids remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment