Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Seattle with Melanie!

Melanie and I have been friends for half of our lives. She has come to visit us often, and Jared and I have only visited her once, when she lived in Tacoma. When she invited me to join in her 30th birthday celebration, I couldn't decline. Thankfully, everything worked out and Jared watched the kids. In the 11 years of being a mom, it was my first kid-less weekend. Needless to say, it was time.
 
(these are all camera pictures as I didn't take my big camera)
I wanted to bring her a home made cake. However, it needed to be capable of withstanding a 5 hour train ride. Cake in a jar...perfect!
It was a from scratch chocolate cake with a cream cheese and chocolate chips filling. I froze it beforehand so it'd be nice and moist.
 
My first train ride. I left at 6 am on Saturday.




We rang in her 30th birthday with a brunch and a glass of champagne! Perfect.

Melanie's cat, Beyonce. She is a feisty girl. My last day there, she really warmed up to me and even slept with me. I love her.
My phone died on Saturday, so those are the only photos I have.
Sunday: We ventured out to a local farmer's market. The vegan options were incredible! And coffee everywhere--my Heaven!
Melanie and I enjoying some veggie tamales and quesidillas.


We spent the entire weekend exploring the city by foot. It was incredible to take it all in.
The famous Pike Place Market:
The first Starbucks.

I love how there is a random mannequin atop the balcony, if you look closely. Ha ha
The famous fish throwers.
Russian pastries...oh my.
I left early Monday morning and was greeted by these 3 cute, smiling faces! Lexi nearly tackled me to the ground, Ari was in shock and started crying as she ran to me and Kyler patiently waited his turn to give me a huge squeeze!
They had such a good time with daddy and I think it was an experience we all needed. Thanks to my husband for being so great.
Thanks to Melanie for inviting me and showing me such a wonderful weekend. It was an honor to celebrate such a big event with her and I hope the next year will be amazing!

Now...Jared's birthday in a few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment