Sunday, May 12, 2013

mother's day

 
 
Enjoying this beautiful weather this last week:
 Prepping the BBQ
 Pre mother's day gifts from Lexi
 Kyler asked his girlfriend to a dance! His first ever!! He picked her a bouquet from our garden
 Ari is growing too quickly
 The sweet couple! (luau themed)
 Jared and Kyler built me these amazing raised planter boxes for mother's day! I planted cucumbers, carrots, watermelon, pumpkins, honeydew melon, jalapeno, pablano peppers, and Roma tomatoes.
 Game day!
 Lexi on defense


 It was a hot afternoon!

 I let the kids paint the planter boxes. It's a work in progress. I love them so much!

 Ari is the only toddler I know who loathes getting dirty. I had her paint in her undies to avoid ruining her "dancy dancy" (her word for dress). But she got paint on her hands and was thoroughly upset.
 See what I mean?!
 Mother's day. A few hours at the park.









 Wishing everyone a wonderful mother's day! I can't imagine what a sad world it would be without the love of mothers.
For me, it concluded a year of holidays without my own mama. And what an awfully hard one to end on. I am trying to hold strong, as I carry her wisdom and love with me forever, but it is beyond hard. I long for her more than I've ever needed anything in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment