Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lexi's birthday party, family visits and Kyler starts Jr high

Lexi's tea party birthday party:
 















 I had been planning the party and sorting ideas for a month, then spent weeks preparing--making tissue flowers, paper hats, shopping for tea cups/pots/gloves/hat/dress, the cake decided to be difficult, I was busy, exhausted and ready to give up. But I had a vision of the perfect, girly tea party for my super sweet (nearly) 9 year old and I persisted. The outcome? An overworked, grumpy mama with a happy birthday girl.
I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
 While Grandma, Grandpa and aunt Nicole were here, we decided to stay on the coast. The weather was absolutely perfect.






 Kyler's first day of Jr. high (6th grade). I know we've all heard the generic "time flies" before. But...what happened!? My baby boy seems to be growing into a young man in the blink of an eye. I'm glad I can say I am truly proud of him and honored I get to be his mama. I am positive his greatness will continue.









and yes, I cried.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! She is beautiful! happy birthday to her. I simply loved this post, it made me emotional. I am on a business trip right now and I am missing my kids so much. I am trying my best to reach home before my kid’s birthday. She wants to celebrate her birthday in one of the Chicago venues. I will have to look for that as well online.

    ReplyDelete