Sunday, November 1, 2009

post Halloween

The kids painting our home grown pumpkins.
I planted them a month late, being as we moved in June. So the pumpkins never changed from green to orange. Next year will be more successful, or at least I hope.

He turned his into Frankenstein (thanks Anne for the idea!).
Winky, my 13 1/2 year old baby.


Their pumpkins!!






OCT 30th. The kids had a birthday/Halloween party to attend, so they were lucky enough to dress up twice.
Lexi as Hannah!


Look at her poses!!







Kyler the werewolf.




This was our first attempt at home made costumes for the kids, I believe they turned out rather well. We had fun putting it all together.



Halloween!!
At Lexi's request I was a cat.





Kyler was attacking me.





So adorable!!!

Jared the senior citizen, Lexi as Hannah and Kyler the werewolf.




We went to visit my dad in Springfield, being as my step mom was out of town (visiting family in California) we asked him to come spend the night with us. We had so much fun. Lexi took FULL ADVANTAGE of grandpa. "Grandpa my bag is ssoooooo heavy, will you pleeeeaaasssssee carry it for me?" As well as wearing him out playing with him NON STOP! We had SO much fun!!
Driving home with Lucy, my dad's dog.




They spent a few hours coloring! Lexi kept telling him how she's an artist.




Grandpa with the kids, heading out to trick or treat.




This was our most successful Halloween since the kids have been old enough to trick or treat. The weather was PERFECT, there were kids EVERYWHERE, most houses were participating, the neighbors gave out huge candies, barely any cars, and the kids had a BLAST. My dad kept reminiscing about when I was a kid, I think it really touched him to be able to participate and we all LOVED it. Of course, we missed all of our family and friends, but had them in our thoughts all evening.




November 1st (wow, I can't believe it's November already!)
We took my dad on a hike across the street in the trails that lead to the river.


the river.




Notice how Lexi is pushing Kyler!







Grandpa and Kyler.



Grandpa and Lexi.

it's so beautiful.





fall colors.

Lexi has been relentless in her attempts at getting Grandpa to play dollhouse with her, so here they are. They had so much fun!!




I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. It was odd having a holiday almost alone but reassuring at the same time. The kids ran into many friends in the neighborhood and just had a blast but of course, talked about family and friends often. I can't wait to hear every one's holiday tales and see the photos!
Happy November!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute photos. I think the green pumpkin look was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics! i luv jareds face in that pic, and i LOVE lexi's poses!

    ReplyDelete