Saturday, December 26, 2009

a beautiful Christmas

Christmas Eve:
In keeping with my family's tradition, the kids opened 1 gift on Christmas eve.

Kyler opened his flying saucer kit. He claims it's his 3rd best gift, next to his air hockey table and science kits.
Lexi opened her dr. kit daddy picked out for her. She is always pretending to doctor us, so now she has the proper tools. She loves it.


Meet Dr. Feelgood, ha ha, that's what her name badge says!


Kyler and dad playing with the saucer.



Ready for Santa..



Santa's treats; homemade chocolate chip cookies, milk and a picture Lex made him.





Santa was here!






Christmas:



The kids checking out their stockings. Santa brought them their very own photo album to put pics of loved ones they are missing, so start sending the kids some pictures if you have any spare (I'm going to have some printed for them as well).



Kyler got an owl Build a Bear named Marvin.





Lex got her Liv doll.




He got his Hotwheel color shifter set.



She has been wanting to wear a dress everyday and all she has are summer dresses, so Santa brought her a winter dress. She loves it. It's a size 7!! She's only 5, wow...tall kids.

Ky finally got his Weezer poster! (took mom forever finding the right one at the right price-online)


Jared loves his new fishing set up.


Playing air hockey, we have all had such a blast with this.


Nerf war, up close and personal...



Cooking Christmas dinner. It turned out really well. I made a turkey (with the help of my husband), a small ham, mashed potatoes (my mom's style-from scratch-yum), corn, a huge salad, Jared's aunt's delicious rolls (from scratch), my mother in law's delicious cheesy potatoes (vegetarian style), and gravy.
Notice my new mixer?? Wow, I love it. I have wanted one since I was16 (in my cooking class in high school we had these) but have never realistically asked for one being as they are so expensive. But my husband was great and bought it for me.


Kyler challenged grandpa to a game of air hockey!



Lexi posing in her new dress (this picture's for you, grandpa) and her new beautiful bow from aunt Marissa who sent her TONS for her stocking, THANKS!! (she's also holding the note Santa left them)



So sweet...grandpa painting Lexi's nails.

Look at my dad's dog in her jacket! ha ha



Grandpa and Lexi




Loving grandpa.

Mi papa and I.




This Christmas was very different from our usual family-filled holidays. It was wonderful to spend the holiday with my dad, something we haven't had the opportunity to do in years. We missed everyone so much. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! and now...6 days until Kyler is 8 years old!

1 comment:

  1. luv this blog, lexis a doll in that bow!! glad yall had a great xmas, tell jared hes looking mighty slim and handsome!! Jen is beautiful as always, Kyler looks buff in them footed jammies!! ha ha luv and miss you all!!!

    ReplyDelete