Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"looks like a girl!"

The fetal position: baby is looking down and sucking her thumb.
Profile picture: baby's head is on the left (our left), hand on the chest and belly on the right. Looks like Lexi's nose.


Today I went to a local center who gives ultrasounds for training purposes. The ladies there are SO wonderful and I cannot begin to explain how much I appreciate them and the services they provide for moms to be and moms.

They gave me an ultrasound...baby looks very healthy, heart rate of 154, thumb sucker, dancing in utero, and measuring a little big (about a week ahead). She got a "toilet shot" and said "Though legally I cannot tell you if it's a boy or a girl, I can tell you I don't see any boy parts and it's a clear shot." She froze the image and let me look and to me (the untrained eye) it looks like a girl as well. However, I will hold off on all pink shopping until my 20 week appointment coming soon. I am SO relieved to see the baby is happy and healthy.

1 comment: