Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas festivities

A big day here in Oregon--OSU vs. Oregon. As you can see, our kids opinions differ on this one.
But they still love each other.

Ari wearing Kyler's funky hat and dancing.





She decided to sweep for mama. I love this copycat stage. Her personality is adorable.
















Her new rocky horse




She loves it




She loves grandma so much!




We made ornaments. I mixed the dough, the kids shaped them, I baked them and...


the kids painted them. Such fun!


Finished result. The red foot print is Ari's foot I molded.




My mom helped me so much, I miss her already.

The Grinch!

Gingerbread houses






Ari loves this singing puppy.

Picking out our tree. One of our favorite family traditions.


Ari loved being in the trees, it was hard to contain her.





7 foot noble fir.

Decorating with grandma






Yes, Kyler is almost my height--yikes!




Thanks to my mama, we have a rare family photo

The finished gingerbread houses.



My mom insisted she buy me a sewing machine. I disagreed for a week (too costly and I was intimated as I've never used one). Finally I caved. She bought me an awesome machine and guided/helped me in sewing and assembling the kids their own huge blankets.

This one is Ari's. I call her monkey, so it's suiting.

Lexi's


Kyler's

One side is fleece, other is cotton, batting in the center, tacked down with yarn. They are not perfect, but the kids could not be happier with them!

My mom and I worked on these for nearly a week while the kids were at school. I loved every moment. Such bonding, I will forever cherish that time.

Now I'm ready to tackle some more things with my beast of a sewing machine!!

Wrapped up in their blankets, dressed in their jammies and slippers from grandma and Ari has her toy kitty from grandma. (Ari is showing her slippers cause sissy is)

They love grandma so much. Hard to say goodbye

Today was our town's Christmas lighting ceremony. Lexi performed right after this photo.

My dad was awesome and joined us, which meant a lot to us all.


Dancing










What can I say about the last 3 weeks? Well, for one, they flew by! We were so busy. We loved every second spent with my mom. She is such a giving loving person and we appreciate her so much. Today was very difficult to say goodbye. But we were glad my dad joined us as we hadn't seen him for about a month and missed him. I feel very lucky to have such great parents.

So now...Jared is off on another work trip tomorrow. Before we know it, Christmas will be here. Yikes! I do love this season and it's incredible to watch Ari experience Christmas's beauty and magic for the first real time.

Hoping everyone is loving the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment