Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July and such

Kyler played in a soccer tournament in Salem last month with The Avengers.





 Lexi and I had an 'at home spa day'. We did foot soaks/massages, pedicures, manicures, facials, etc. It was a lot of fun.
 Ari, Lexi and I painted rocks for our garden in memory of my mom.
 At the park.
 For as long as I can recall, my mom made a strawberry pop cake decorated as a flag in July. Either for the 4th or my brother's birthday, which is the 5th. So the kids and I are carrying on her tradition. They decorated it solo this time. Keeping her traditions alive in her absence is very important to me!

 At home fireworks.




 Happy 4th of July!!



 Heading to the firework show.




 More at home fireworks.

 Ari loved them. She still talks about them "fireworks go BOOM! It's pretty!" When the fireworks screamed, she did so back. It was so hilarious and cute.
 We met up with my dad at Lookout Point Lake.
 Ari kayaking with dada.
 Kyler's turn.
 Lexi playing with grandpa.
 Lexi's up.
 Zed, the water dog. Followed by Lexi.
 Ari had such a blast with 'papa', she counted, spelled her name and sang the alphabet for him. He cheered and she loved it!
 Ari fell asleep on me during our kayak ride.

Summer is here! My favorite time of the year; we have our kids at home all day, the weather is beautiful and we are free to do as we please.

I want to thank those who continue to show their love and support to me and my kids during this very hard time. It has been nearly 2 months since my mom's passing. The world doesn't slow down or stop with a death, so sometimes I feel forced to move on and hide my sorrow. But in truth, you never recover from losing your mom. Everyday brings it's own challenges. Some people let me know it's okay to be sad and angry. Some go even further and show me how much they care and that I am thought of. Words cannot express my appreciation for you that do.

Happy summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment