Thursday, November 1, 2012

Grandma's birthday and Halloween

 
On October 25, my dear mama would've been 56. It was a very difficult day for me as I've never not at very least called her to wish her a happy day (and would end up spending hours chatting and laughing with her).
My mom was my biggest fan, my mentor, my guide, my support, my best friend; she meant everything to me. Without her I feel abandoned and lost a lot of the time. I wasn't prepared to lose her (and all of the warmth that only your mom can give) so soon.
I really tried to focus on celebrating her instead of being heartbroken all day.
I baked from scratch dark chocolate cupcakes with a creamy peanut butter frosting. The kids helped decorate. I also made her famous fried chicken and mashed potatoes for my family.
 


 Such a great helper
 Carving pumpkins

 Kyler is obviously grossed out by the pumpkin guts

 Ari wanted a picture with her Minnie
 Santa brought Lexi this dollhouse when she was 4. Last week she passed it down to Ari who is in absolute Heaven over it.
 We made a thankful tree. Each day for the month of November, the kids will take a leaf, write one thing they are thankful for and place it on a branch. On Thanksgiving we should have a full, beautiful tree and the kids can read their leaves to us.
 Happy Halloween. Ari the Eskimo, Lexi the goth fairy and Kyler the freaky jester.
 I put some make up on Lexi to which she replied "I look like such an adult, how sad."



 Jared the fat chef and me the Eskimo


Hoping everyone had a great Halloween! We sure did. And now on to the warm holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment