Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

 
Blogger had a bug and I was unable to post pictures, so today I am making up for it.
 
Ari loves Braille
 
 and playing dollhouse with sissy.
 A trip bowling.


 Pushing the kitty in the stroller.

 This girl seriously takes a pile of books to the potty EVERY time she goes.
 This year for Thanksgiving, I asked the kids if they would like to help me cook and bake. They said yes. As a kid I can recall many moments in the kitchen with my mom. They are some of my most cherished memories now and I'd love to give my kids those moments too.
The day before Thanksgiving, I had them help me make pumpkin pie and coconut cream pie.
 Our finished pies.
 Our completed thankful tree. I love this idea and I think it will be a tradition.
 My mom's tradition of pie for Thanksgiving breakfast--yum!
 Happy Thanksgiving!

 The kids helping me make homemade rolls.

 I asked Kyler to set the table. He took our plain napkins and made paper airplanes, ha ha. Love him.
 Ari was in Heaven with the yummy food. She kept telling me "it's SO yummy mama!"


I wanted to share the kids thankful leaves:
Kyler: friends. pets. beds. doctors. memories. water. food. air. clothing. free country. our home. heat. education. my family. life. family that cares for me. transportation. cars. life lessons. those who gave their lives for us. wisdom.
Lexi: nice people. toys. trees. air. wheelchairs and crutches to help people. my heart. grandma Pam. reading. Rylee. houses. cars. pets. bed. playing dress up with mom and Ari. memories. love. Aunty. friends. family. donating my hair to Locks of Love. life. grandpa Bob.
Ari: blanket and plums. cheese and yogurt. treats. bubble bath. trees. princesses. kitties and doggies. Leah (her doll). mama dada fwafwa (Kyler)and sissy. colors. Goofy. Aunty. shoes. flowers. Grandma. Minnie Mouse. candy and bye bye. dressed and tutus. Hawaii. fireplace. blanket.
 
Hope everyone had a very warm Thanksgiving. For me, it was a bit rough as it was my first one without my mom. I kept reminding myself to focus on the love she had given me and not the pain I deal with now. My kids help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment