Tuesday, October 6, 2009

autumn love

My latest book from the library. It is such an inspirational story as to how The Forest Service was halted from destroying the entire pacific northwest in their relentless quest for fast money from lumber...I highly recommend this. It's amazing what a difference one person can make, and if you put together those with drive, intelligence and passion you can really make a difference in this world.
The kids loving each other. Lexi misses Kyler so much while he's at school all day...










Going disc golfing and to the park...





















beautiful fall colors







One of our pumpkins! We have 4 good sized ones now. Our largest one was eaten by snails, but these have been growing well so we're happy. Next year I will plant them earlier. I got a late start on them being as we didn't move in until late June. It is an amazing feeling to plant a seed, care for it and watch it grow. Everyday the kids go check on their pumpkin for snails and bugs and flip them over. It's so rewarding.





The largest tree frog I have found in the yard thus far. He was in the sugar plum tree!








Yesterday, Lexi and I had a shopping date. We had such a good time until she got hungry, haha...she cannot go more than a few hours without a snack!
I found this cute sign at a local craft store in a neighboring town.







I am FINALLY starting to fill in the nook in the living room! I figure I'll put a few vases up there asap.




Our entry way...




Today is Kyler's picture day. He picked his background color, his pose and his clothes. He looked so handsome! I will apologize in advance being as this year we will not be buying many school pictures. I was surprised to see that the price we'd pay to satisfy all our loved ones was $60. So we decided we'd do a repeat of what we do for Lexi every year; take the photos myself and print out enough for everyone.
Kyler has made so many friends now at school I feel I rarely see him. I am not one of those mothers who wants their kids out of the house, I want them here with me, under my toes, ha ha. But I am happy for him, he needs a social outlet, he is an awesome kid. Lexi is always out and about with her friends as well as she has become super social in the past few months, a far cry from how shy and reserved she was earlier this year.
Also, Kyler announced today he will be assisting in writing for his school's newspaper! He is so excited, his teacher chose HIM to do it. Funny, I wrote in my high school's newspaper too and loved it. He is such a smart guy.
We are enjoying this beautiful fall weather, hope you are as well...

1 comment:

  1. Go KY!! i too wrote for my school paper and LUVED IT!!!! He will be great! i still am waiting for my lexi pics! :( cant wait for kys too!!

    ReplyDelete