Saturday, October 10, 2009

feeling like home...

Today, we came home to find a package waiting on our door step...Samantha, my AWESOME friend from CA, sent the kids a package just to make them feel special. Thanks Sam, it was SO sweet. The kids are thrilled.
Lexi got all "princessed up" and put on a Hannah Montana concert for us.
Kyler is so excited for all of his Hotwheels (couldn't fit 'em all in the pic) and he LOVES his book. He's all about science, this kid.
We went to a local pumpkin patch today. We had such a good time!
Our pumpkins:


picking his little pumpkin:


picking her "baby" pumpkin:



her big one!







his big one!





haha, too cute!



Jared, Kyler and Lexi







me, Kyler and Lexi










they had some GIANT pumpkins!





HAHA...Jared posing





Our hay ride:






















petting the lambs, they aren't even 1 month old. They are adorable! Lexi was in love with them.

The corn/sunflower maze:
Lexi said she was a witch flying on her broom:





Lexi was begging daddy to carry her!



I love sunflowers.










she stopped to pose, of course:






they are my world:

posing for mom, I wonder if they ever get tired of my constant picture taking? Oh well, one day they'll appreciate the fact that I never missed a moment. ;)



entering the maze. I love Kyler's pose here!



this morning, daddy teaching Lexi how to tie her shoes, too sweet.




Yesterday, after the kids sleep over, Lexi played ALL DAY, so by the time she came home, she was exhausted! She passed out on the couch and I caught her "sleep picking" haha!




The kids VERY FIRST SLEEP OVER! (besides cousins of course)
Lexi and Alysin playing dollhouse:





Kyler, Alysin and Tigh playing video games:
Lexi singing as Alysin is dancing!
Lexi (5), Alysin(7) and Tigh(6). See how tall Lexi is??




checking on her pumpkin



checking on his...


decorating the house:

This week has really sealed the deal for me, as far as this place feeling like HOME...having the kids feel comfortable and have friends right next door and around the corner is amazing. The kids had a blast being able to FINALLY have a sleep over! As I had fun listening to their laughter.
I took a volunteer training course at Kyler's school, which is new to me. I have volunteered every year Kyler has been in school and nothing like this was required. But here, they do a full back ground check and "prep" you on what to expect and what is expected of you. Most of it was pretty much common sense, however I thought it was nice to have everyone on the same page. And it is VERY comforting to know that they do a background check on the parents. Tuesday, I am supposed to help with the school's health assessment from 8 am to noon. Kyler's excited to have me help out again.
We had a blast today, going to the pumpkin patch. I am in love with how rural our area is. Everyone is so friendly and seems to know one another, eventually I hope to know more people as well.
I noticed how TALL Kyler is today. As I was fixing his hair, I glanced in the mirror and was stunned to see he is up to my collar bone! He's 7!! This boy will pass me up in no time. Bizarre to watch your children grow so quickly, I'm trying to savor every moment.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

























1 comment:

  1. best blog by far! Jared cracks me up, he seems soo fun.. wish ian could lighten up a lil. Those bows look FABOULOUS on princess lexi.. man i'm good :) and GOD that color of hair suits you SOOO good!!

    ReplyDelete