Thursday, October 15, 2009

aww...October...

Fall colors showing in our garden...
Jared and Kyler fishing. The kids and I left to get ready to carve pumpkins (along with the camera), and Jared caught his first cutthroat trout on his fly rod 2 minutes later! He got some camera phone pics, but it was too dark. Now he's more stoked than ever on fishing.




the hill in front of our house


Everywhere we go, we bring along a bag for litter. Here Lexi is picking up garbage. What good kids I have. So...if you are debating throwing your trash on the ground, consider this... a 5 year old may be picking up after you! That's not cool!



Pumpkin carving/painting time!




He painted a werewolf howling at the moon








She painted every inch of her pumpkins. When I told her
"I think you're finished."
She replied with
"Mom, I'm an artist, an artist is NEVER done painting!"




She even painted the stems!
Kyler pretended to eat the pumpkin pieces, he convinced Lexi that it tastes like candy. So, being who she is and will eat anything, she tasted it! She said
"EWWWW I tasted
it in REAL life KYLER! And it was NOT good!"
She was furious with him.








He decided to carve his big one. He HATES gutting it! haha










(dad helped!)









Almost done













Kyler's lit up









Our porch









On Tuesday, I volunteered at Kyler's school's health assessment for what was supposed to be 4 hours, but us moms kicked butt and did 4 hours worth of work in 2 1/2! Anyway, I walked home when I was done, took off my sweater, hung it up, took off my shoes, put them in the closet....then my phone rings. Who is it? Kyler! He says he's not feeling well, so I put my sweater and shoes back on and pick him up.
As soon as I brought him home, Lexi grabbed a blanket, covered him up, and snuggled with him. She kept saying
"aw poor Kyler."
She is such a little mama.














We find tree frogs in our garden daily, especially in the sugar plum tree!
Can you see these 2?





And another....








Our tree is showing fall colors now!



In the past week, it seems we have been battling illness after illness. Lexi started Saturday with a fever and body aches. Sunday she was better. Monday she was worse and even vomited. Tuesday, Kyler had body aches and a fever. Wednesday he was well and I was feverish along with what I believe to be a kidney infection (it's very common with the women in my family in their 20's). All 4 of us have sore throats, Jared's had his for a few weeks now. So frustrating...hope we can get back on track soon.
Kyler has a field trip to Oregon State University on October 21st. I signed up to volunteer! Yay!
Kyler is having a school fundraiser, it only lasts a few short weeks, so PLEASE check out qsp.com. Magazine subscriptions are up to 83% off from what you'd normally pay. When you shop it will ask his school name which is Riverview Elementary along with his code which is FLO1. Please help him out, as we do not know many people here. You can order through me and just mail a check to me if you'd prefer that method as well. Thanks to Marissa and Pat for already doing so, we greatly appreciate your support!!! If you have any questions regarding it, let me know!!
Have a great week everyone!















1 comment: