Thursday, June 4, 2009

gone fishin'

As a vegetarian, I am against fishing (or any kind of sport that harms or takes advantage of animals in any way, shape or form). But as a wife and mother, I have to give and take. I cannot deprive my family of a sport they enjoy for my own moral beliefs. We have a very good system of compromises in our marriage and it works for us. Jared NEVER kills the fish and he is very respectful of nature and the environment. They have such a good time, regardless of if they catch anything or not.
Here are some photos of their last fishing trip.
He's so handsome

She's so beautiful

I got such a sweet photo of the kids...



...because I promised this photo!



SHHHH! Jared has yet to see this. This is the project the kids made Jared for father's day. Kyler wrote it all himself with the exception of Lexi writing her own name and myself writing their ages and the year. We had fun shopping for and making this.


so adorable, baby ducklings



Kyler declared geese his arch enemy when he was 3 years old, he continues his battle today...


the fisherman himself
Lexi and Kyler standing side by side and not strangling each other-simply amazing!








This next week is certain to be a fun one...my father in law returns from Iraq sometime this weekend and my sister in law visits from Florida and my brother in law and his family will be here Friday from Alaska...I call it the grand Flores congregation. They will all remain until about the time we ship out to Oregon on our very own adventure. Speaking of which, 2 weeks and 2 days remain. My husband wakes me up every morning with the updated countdown. We went and bought new furniture today for our new home (so excited!). Jared booked his flight to return to pick up our other car, we'll drive out June 21st and he'll fly back July 3rd and drive back in a convoy with my brother and his wife. All my family will be out in July to visit us including my aunt from New Mexico whose husband passed in April. Should me an exciting next month of family gathering.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment