Wednesday, August 12, 2009

bikes, scooters, and happiness

We recently learned (after over a month of helmet-less bike riding) that it is an Oregon state law that children wear helmets while riding their bikes. So we took the kids to get new helmets being as Kyler outgrew his and we somehow left Lexi's at our old house during the move.
Kyler picked black with red skulls and Lexi picked Littlest Pet Shop
Sunday we took a family bike ride, SO much fun! We saw a muskrat in the creek by our house.



We rode to the school playground and spent a while swinging, racing, sliding; just having a good time. Kyler took a picture of Lexi and I swinging together-this is the only way I get to swing and I LOVE swinging!

they were riding through the school sprinklers



part storm and part smoke from a local crop fire


In the hiking trails in the forest across the street, there are bike ramps and trails everywhere.
Here Kyler is speeding down a hill




and up








Lexi's bike cannot make it on these trails with the training wheels, so she took her scooter!



father and son side by side racing








She was fearless on that scooter!




Jared had fun too!




He was so proud of himself, going down every hill without worry





I am scouting out areas for Lexi's birthday photo shoot (done by me-haha) and this was an idea I had, just having her sitting by our pond. This isn't her birthday photo, just an idea as far as location goes. Opinions are welcome!





Before we moved, my in laws wanted to have a family photo done and the photographer did individual family photos as well. My mother in law sent us an 8x10 of ours-thanks!! I decided to take a pic of it and show it off. :)


Yesterday, we registered Kyler for school. He starts on Sept 1st, back to school day (meeting kids, teachers, staff, learning your way around) and a BBQ will be Aug 31st. We are impressed with his school, it's new, nice, and with a wonderfully helpful staff! He is so excited to start school. I'm not ready for summer to end. I'll miss my little guy all day!

Unfortunately Jared will be in West Virginia then, doing a presentation for a SIPS school. At least he will be home for our anniversary (Aug 28) and Lexi's birthday (Sept 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment