Sunday, August 30, 2009

an eventful week

Our pumpkin plants are in FULL bloom! It's so thrilling to plant something and watch it THRIVE!

Aug 28. Jared's best friend, Matt, drove up with his band from S. California to play a few shows out here. They arrived late Thursday night and stayed until around lunch time on Friday. Before they headed out, we took them on a short hike to see the waterfalls near our house.


















Matt caught a small fish right here, under the waterfall.






We saw the LARGEST salamander right here, it was the size of an Iguana. As well as a bunch of crawdads.







She becomes more of a daddy's girl everyday.











Later that day, Kyler took a picture of Lexi and I sitting on the couch.


It was our 9 year anniversary, later that day we were running a few errands and before we left Jared sat these shoes next to my flip flops by the front door to surprise me. How sweet! I love them!

This is the CD that started our lives together, how we met. It was my first day at my first job, Jared came in and sat by me. The first thing he asked me was "have you ever heard that CD 'Short music for short people?'" In fact I owned it, he asked to borrow it and the rest is history.

Friday, on our anniversary, Jared was flipping through the booklet to the CD, and saw this tucked away in a corner... (very blurry picture) it is our exit here in Lebanon, OR. How crazy is that? Lebanon is a TINY town pretty much in the middle of nowhere. And we had never noticed this picture before until we had moved here and it happened to be on our 9 year anniversary...is that not BIZARRE or what?


We had a great anniversary (9 years WOW!!). We went for that hike, which was gorgeous-the pictures do not do it justice, ran some errands, rented some movies and ordered take out. It was a great day and I feel so lucky to be so happy in life.
Today Jared left to West Virginia to a SIPS presentation. He returns either very late Wednesday night or really early Thursday morning. We'll be missing him while he's away, but at least it's a short trip. He will miss Kyler's first day of second grade, unfortunately.
Tomorrow is Kyler's back to school day where we meet his teacher, get familiar with the school, set up his desk and cubby and later they will have a BBQ. He's so excited. Tuesday is his official first day of school. It will be an adjustment having him away all day again. I cannot believe he'll be in 2nd grade! WOW!
I have to tell this story of this morning: I was making Lexi breakfast and asked Kyler what he wanted and he said "you know what I want?" I asked "what?" and he said "a BIG hug!" and he came over and squeezed me so tight, it was so sweet. I am so amazed at how great life is. Just makes me smile, for no reason at all.
A very interesting article Jared found regarding Kyler's new school: http://www.nwpublichealth.org/docs/nph/s2005/loveland_s2005.pdf
They have put a lot of time, effort, thought and care into this school and we have heard only GREAT things about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment