Friday, September 4, 2009

Lexi's last day as a 4 year old*

Yesterday Lexi received another package in the mail from Great Grandma Clark! She loves her goodies! THANKS!
the beautiful sunrise this morning:
Lexi's birthday cake I made her. When I was a little girl, my mom would always surprise us with our cakes, we would usually know the theme but never saw the cake until she brought it out singing happy birthday. This year I did that with Lexi (I couldn't at our old house-nowhere to decorate it without them seeing). She is so anxious and excited. I wish it had turned out better, but my finger still isn't gripping (I've been exercising it daily) and she specifically wanted a Hannah face, which is near impossible to find and I opted for the better tasting whipped cream frosting instead of the more realistic pliable butter cream. As long as she's happy, that's all that matters.

This morning Lexi and I went to the park while Kyler was at school. I told her "today is your last day being 4, will you still be my baby when you're 5?" She said "I will ALWAYS be your baby, even when I'm old!" She is so sweet. I am so lucky to have this family that is full of love...what more can one hope for?
Kyler completed his first week as a 2nd grader. He has been playing soccer everyday at recess with his new friend, Tom. He has adjusted really well to the transition of a new school and new schedule. Although he is anxious for the weekend!
Tomorrow we will celebrate Lexi's birthday at Chuck E Cheese at noon. Being as it will be a tiny celebration in comparison to our usual large gatherings, please feel free to call Lexi anytime to wish her happy birthday, that would mean so much to her. She asked me last week if people would forget her, so I know she is worried and missing everyone. Thanks to everyone who remembered her and made her feel special, she really is a special little girl!
Happy labor day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment