Sunday, September 20, 2009

a surprise visit!

At 3 am on Friday night, I heard a knock on the door. Jared hops up and says "go get the door", logic told me not to be the one to answer it in the middle of the night but exhaustion won, as logic lost...so I opened the door and what do I see? CINDY and her new husband, Dave, complete with a rose and Super Burrito, my favorite restaurant of all time! She is one of my very best friends, I have known her since I was 4. She drove the 9 hour drive from California after work on Friday to surprise me. Unfortunately she could only stay the 1 day as she had to be back at work Monday.
Saturday Sept 19:
It was a misty day, but as it was they were only here the 1 day, we decided to take them to one of our favorite spots, Cascadia.
Lexi fell asleep on the 25 minute drive.
Cascadia

the kids exploring
the fall colors are starting to show more daily.




Kyler and Lexi



Jared and the kids





squirrels Kyler spotted, they were adorable with orange bellies!







Lexi spotted a salamander walking on the trail towards the river. The picture doesn't do him justice, he was brick red and orange.




fog drifting over the lake on the way home.






Sept 20:
Before Cindy left, we decided to take some goofy pictures together, something we have done since kids.




we're such nerds!




haha!










1 comment: