Friday, May 22, 2009

and so the days fly past us...

The countdown to the end of first grade has begun...today marks 4 more days left. Where has the time gone? I remember so well taking him to kindergarten the first day, trying desperately not to cry and watching how my baby held his head up high and walked into the unknown as fearless as can be. Watching your children grow is so beautiful but at the same time so painful. The days have come and gone so quickly, it's hard to take it all in. I'm not ready to let my kids grow at the rate they are doing so. At least I can say I am utterly proud of these 2. They are so smart, sweet, caring, GOOFY, loving, and just all around special people.
Here are some photos from the week, it's been a busy one...

Last night: Danielle had a concert at the high school, she did so well and looked so beautiful.
me and Dani
Kyler had 'show and teach' and he showed the class how to make a diorama.

Lexi was kissing herself in the mirror!


Danielle, look at how grown up she is. About to go into 6th grade!





mama, Lexi and Dani



my mama and I







My award for volunteering at his school.







Kyler's first grade class. He is in the back row on the very far right. I'm impressed, back row with the tallest kids?! I never made it to back row, haha. Who would've thought Jared and I would have TALL kids? (his crushes are both in the front row, one in the left corner and then the other is the third from the left)


As part of the PTA funding this year, the first grade students had the opportunity to make a book. I love it, it will be something we cherish forever.







He dedicated his book to me, it says "I'd like to dedicate this book to my mom who's been nice to me". So sweet.







Wednesday: Winky had dental surgery, he had so many abscessed teeth, they pulled them ALL. My poor baby, I have realized this week, he IS old. I have been in denial up until this point. He is my first baby. 13 for a dog, is a severe senior. My poor baby



I have bee packing up a storm ONE HANDED! Sunday marks 4 weeks left in Utah. May has flown by...

1 comment: