Thursday, July 16, 2009

adventure Rodriguez-Flores style!

My best friend since I was 4, Samantha and her husband, Richard and their 2 kids (Brianna 9 and Julian almost 8) drove the 9 hour trek from Stockton, CA to our new home in Oregon. They stayed for 5 days, but it wasn't long enough. We had an awesome time! Jared and Richard get along wonderfully, Julian and Kyler are both into the same things and Brianna and Lexi loved each other. It was a match made in Heaven!
They left a few hours ago and I am already missing them. When Sam's around, it brings back some of that childhood magic. We have been through everything together.
They loved the beauty and wonder of Oregon so much, they said they will make it a goal to move here. I hope so! We'd love to live near each other again.
We kept so busy, waking early and staying up late to milk every minute of every day. Here is a sample of our adventures (I took nearly 500 pictures):
July 16:
We drove out to the coast and played for the day at an area called Devil's Churn. It's gorgeous.
Jared's silhouette standing on the fence in front of the view.
the kids sitting on a piece of drift wood
Samantha and Lex

the view, simply breath taking

Jared and I, please excuse my windblown hair

Devil's Churn

Lexi loves the ocean, even as ice cold as it is here

Kyler


Samantha and I

me and Sam

waves crashing on the rocks

Driving to the coast, Lexi threw a ragged beach towel over her head and fell asleep. the fog drifting over the coastline, looked so gorgeous and eerie at the same time
yes, they went fishing again! Everyday they fished at least once a day.

Brianna, Kyler, Lexi and Julian


a message in the sand

July 15:
We went back to Cascadia to see the waterfalls, fish and swim in the river. My dad, aunt and cousin joined us. We had an amazing day!
Look at how clear this water is. It's very deep and crystal clear.

the guys made dinner! We had to take a picture of such a rare occurrence!

The Rodriguez family

Sam and I

Samantha and Lex

the waterfall


the kids



Richard got a huge steelhead in the river across from our house
the fish's size compared to Jared's foot

Winky loving the weather


Olivia, aunt Ruth and my dad

Sam, Rich, Julian, Bri, Ky, Jared and Lex


Samantha and Richard
fishing in the clearest river

it's gorgeous

Sam and I could not resist the beautiful river, we jumped in wearing pants!

Sam and I

the pathway to the river


so lush and green


Lexi's signature pose


Sunday July 13:
They arrived around midnight and we stayed up talking for hours, Lexi awoke and groggy eyed walked to Samantha thinking she was me, it was adorable. Samantha loved it. Lexi really grew attached to Sam, which is a rare thing for her.
Lexi and Brianna driving in Lexi's jeep. These girls had a blast together.


Samantha and I


the guys talking about fishing, I think they may have done more talking than Sam and I!
Samantha and Richard
A few random photos from July 11:
I printed some of our favorite pictures of family we are away from to display in the living room and hallway.



loving him while he fell asleep on the couch
my sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment