Friday, July 10, 2009

quality time

We just returned home from a two day camping trip. My aunt Ruth and cousin Olivia arrived Tuesday and on Wednesday we all met up and went camping. There were seven kids and seven adults and one dog. We had a blast, it was so nice to relax and catch up. Even though there were tons of kids from the age of 4 (Lexi was the youngest) to 9 (Kyler was the second oldest), there were virtually no fights. I was impressed. They were plenty busy with the water, toys, canoe, bugs, snacks and whatever else they could discover.
My brother and his family leave Sunday. Although they've been here for over a week, it feels like they just arrived and I feel as though I didn't see enough of them.
My friend and her family arrive tomorrow night and stay almost a week. My aunt and cousin will remain a few weeks.
I feel like I've been busy since mid June and haven't slowed down yet. I'm beat but having a blast everyday.
Here are some photos of our trip:
Bumper stickers you'd never see in Utah


Alexia Brei

these two are one in the same...my dad and aunt Ruth


roasting marshmallows aunt Ruth and Olivia




aunt Ruth, my dad and Lucy (yes, his dog is wearing a dress!)
Lexi munching on marshmallows


Anthony and Olivia dancing



my dad and step mom, Sophia Kyler shooting a can with a b.b. gun


Johnny and Gabriel



Olivia, my second cousin



Anthony (step sister's son) claimed to be Lexi's dolls dad. It was adorable, he followed her everywhere, said that he was going to marry her and even hugged and kissed her goodbye.


Jared throwing knives

the kids played in grandpa's canoe for hours


the view


Lexi's such a good mama




putting her baby's feet in the water


posing





mommy and baby


wearing daddy's life jacket


sun bathing



Kyler




Kyler and I
of course, he wanted a silly face picture

Johnny taking Gabriel for a ride, look at how Gabey sits in there with his little feet crossed.



Kyler


Gabriel


Have you ever heard of a dog who eats fruit? Lucy LOVES watermelon




Jared and Lexi kayaking






then it was my turn



my dad took Lexi and Olivia in the canoe while I followed in the kayak, we saw fish and salamanders galore


Johnny, the mountain man

the sunset




Our flashlight hike:
Orion and Kyler hugging







my barbecue face son and I


Orion



Lexi with her baby in tow


Kyler keeping his eyes peeled for ferocious predators, haha


the flashlight hike group



It takes too long to post the photos larger, however if you click on them you can see them full size

2 comments:

  1. Jen!! it's Lindsay. How are you guys! From the looks of your blog, things are great...which, by the way, I had no idea you guys had! Very fun to stumble upon. I'll have to keep checking back. Your kids are adorable... Alexia is BEAUTIFUL... wow!! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen! It's Tiffani. Great to see your cute little family. I'm so glad you have a blog to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete