Sunday, July 19, 2009

yet another complete day

My dad called me yesterday and asked if we wanted to meet up and go to some waterfalls by his house, so today off we went to check them out. It was amazing; the fresh smell of the trees and water, the soft moss pathway, the mist cooling you off from the falls, and the amazing sights! We had a great time.

Sahalie Falls
my dad, aunt Ruth and I. She leaves Wednesday morning, it will be sad to see her go.
Olivia, Kyler, Lexi and Anthony


Kyler and I


Lexi and I




Jared and Kyler walked as close to the falls as you can get

this is as far as I was comfortable with Lexi getting (she has a falling problem-haha)


The next series of photos are from the TOP of the waterfalls:
looking down off the edge

Jared on top
my dad

such a powerful force
I love this photo

the view from the top looking down

Jared, Kyler and Lexi on the top

Lexi, Kyler and I on the top


Jared and Kyler looking over the top (while I was holding my breath!)

Kyler sitting on top

Jared holding Lexi atop the falls

the side view


Jared and I on the top of the waterfall


I have to admit, I was terrified standing on top of this powerful force...one wrong move and I'd slip right off.



Jared on the other hand, seemed totally comfortable.
We drove past a lake we had read a lot about. We decided to stop by and take a look. It's called Clear Lake and for good reason, you can see the bottom of the entire lake even at it's deepest point. We plan on renting a boat for the day there. It's gorgeous.


See what I mean? You can see the bottom perfectly.


We stopped again at a hiking trail where there is supposed to be a lot of old growth. It was amazingly beautiful. We plan on hiking it soon. It's about a 2 mile hike so we have to plan well for the kids.











There is just so much to explore here in Oregon, we are having a blast along the journey everyday brings us. It has been amazing to be near my dad again, it had been such a long time and he is a wonderful person. We are missing everyone we left behind as well, today started off as a rough day for me emotionally (Danielle sent me a few heartbreaking texts)...but remember our door is always open for visitors!

2 comments:

  1. these pictures are amazing! you are ALL looking great!! ur looking tan as hell, kids cute as hell , and jared looks skinny as hell!?! ha ha.. miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmmm, so I am kinda thinking how ridiculously GORGEOUS your new home is. JEALOUS! Thanks for posting all of the great pics of the fam and scenery :)

    ReplyDelete